Business and customer strategy
We follow a customer-centred approach to business and customer strategy, and articulate the outcomes through deliverables that guide decision-making during execution and keep the strategy visible and easy to understand for all levels of the organisation.
Our approach supports the change process and builds buy-in before and during strategy execution. We use a combination of workshops, observation studies, inquiries and qualitative analysis to identify opportunities, find meaning, and define direction; and use convergent and divergent thinking informed by customer, business and market insight to identifying unmet needs and a clear point of differentiation. These activities are designed to align your organisation and provide an open, collaborative and structured approach to strategy formation.
Why follow a holistic approach?
Over 70% of Corporate strategy initiatives are never successfully implemented.
Key reasons are that:
- Strategy is often created in isolation from the wider business.
- Strategic goals are often not clearly defined.
- A vision is not clearly articulated.
- The target market is often not clearly understood.
- The business. structure, activities, and KPIs do not align to support the strategy.
Why work with CXCO?
We have a process and approach to help you execute strategy successfully.
- We introduce a holistic, structured and collaborative approach to strategy creation.
- We articulate strategy in actionable, clear and succinct documentation.
- We build alignment and buy-in early amongst key stakeholders.
- We leverage cross-functional capabilities and IP to inform direction.
- We provide you with a means to link strategy to execution and measure success.
What are the key activities?
Our approach to strategy creation can be applied to the enterprise, business, customers or employees. We follow three key stages:
The first stage is the discover phase which provides a focused means of gathering business intelligence and insight; gaining understanding of the organisations assets, capabilities and gaps; and clarifying the business context and market. The outcome is a refined approach for the define and strategy phase.
The second stage is the define stage which enables the emergence of a shared understanding of the customer, opportunity space and context. We achieve this by understanding unarticulated customer needs and the key relationships within the ecosystem, and leveraging voice of client data and business intellectual property.
The third stage is the strategy stage which synthesises the opportunity space into a clear direction, supported by a portfolio of opportunities. The strategy is articulated as a vision on a page, and supported by principles, guidelines, ecosystem maps, business and customer model maps, and future state (front and back stage) journey maps.
What are the outcomes?
- Reduction in costs, time and energy.
- A higher rate of successful strategy implementation.
- A greater degree of alignment between leadership, management, staff and customers.
- Strategy that is holistic, clearly articulated and executable.
- Guidelines and principles that ensure consistent execution across group functions.